ECP - Europe for Citizens Point Italy is the National Contact Point for the "Europe for Citizens" 2007-2013 Programme.
The Programme is managed by the European Commission, DG COMM - Directorate General Communication, which runs the budget and establishes the priorities, the objectives and the criteria through consultation with the Programme Committee and organizes and monitors the general implementation, follow-up and evaluation of the Programme itself.
The European Commission relies on an Executive Agency, which is the EACEA - Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency, established by decision 2005/56/EC of the European Commission of 14 January 2005), responsible for the practical implementation of most of the Actions of the "Europe for Citizens" Programme and the management of the complete life cycle of the projects.
The EACEA is charge of the ECP - Europe for Citizens Points, that are national structures whose main task is to spread the knowledge of the "Europe for Citizens" Programme on national territory by disseminating practical information to general public and targeted groups (through conferences, info-day, seminars, workshops, publication, web sites, etc.) and to guide and support those interested to participate to the Programme.
ECP Italy' tasks include:
- To organize conferences, seminars, courses, workshops on the Programme;
- To give citizens practical information on the Programme and on financing opportunities;
- To help and to assist potential beneficiaries;
- To exchange information, experience with other ECPs;
- To cooperate with EACEA and with European Commission as far as the Programme is concerned;
- To promote the results of selected projects;
- To manage ECP Italy's website www.europacittadini.it ;
- To manage the Partner Searching Database, available on the website www.europacittadini.it, in order to facilitate the search for partners in order to realize projects in the context of the Programme;
- To manage the phone help-desk and the email help-desk (email@example.com)
- To realize publications related to "Europe for Citizens" Programme main themes (for example: town-twinning)